Posted by mesablue on August 6, 2010
Worst. Serial Killer. Ever.
* On August 3, 1991, the Laser Man shot his first person. The victim was a 21 year old immigrant to Sweden from Eritrea, whom Ausonius shot in the back. The victim, however, survived. Two of the victim’s friends said they saw a circle of red light on his body before they heard the shot.
* On the evening of October 21, 1991, outside the Stockholm University, Shahram Khosravi, a 25-year-old student of Iranian origin, was shot in the face but survived.
* On the night of October 27, 1991, a homeless man of Greek origin was shot twice in the stomach. The victim saw a bright red light, heard the shots but managed to run away. Although wounded, he survived.
* In the middle of the day of November 1, 1991, Ausonius walked into a restaurant kitchen in Stockholm where he had seen an immigrant and shot him once in the head and several times in the stomach. The victim, Heberson Vieira Da Costa, a musician from Brazil, saw a red light before he was shot, and got a good look at his assailant. The victim survived, seriously wounded, but was able to give a description of the Laser Man to the police.
* Ausonius continued his shootings and, on November 8, 1991, he mortally wounded Jimmy Ranjbar, another Iranian student, who died the next day.
Ausonius then went to Las Vegas to gamble and visit the Grand Canyon. The Laser Man disappeared for a few months, but he would return.
* On January 22, 1992, Ausonius went to Uppsala, where he walked up to a couple, and shot the man in the head. The victim, Erik Bongcam-Rudloff, was a Ph.D. student in medical sciences. He survived and is now a scientist representing Sweden in several international scientific networks.
* January 23, 1992, back in Stockholm, Ausonius shot a black bus driver, originally from Zimbabwe, in the middle of the day. The victim was shot in the chest but survived. That evening, Ausonius walked into a Somali club in central Stockholm and shot two men, both of whom also survived.
* On the night of January 28, 1992, Ausonius walked up to a kiosk where Isa Aybar, an immigrant of Turkish origin, was working. Ausonius shot him four times in the head and arm, and walked away. Aybar was seriously wounded but managed to call the police and survived.
* On January 30, 1992 Ausonius shot his last victim, from Lebanon, in the head, a store owner in Hägerstensåsen, paralyzing but not killing him.
I’m feeling more than a little sorry for Jimmy Ranjbar.